L. Leigh Rhoads
Hailing from Dublin, Virginia, Linda Leigh Rhoads received her undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Tennessee. After graduating law school, Leigh served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable James C. Turk in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia. Upon finishing her first federal trial clerkship, Leigh completed a second clerkship as a pro se law clerk supervised by the Honorable Michael F. Urbanski in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
Following her clerkships, Leigh gained invaluable experience representing corporate defendants for a large regional law firm. Leigh's experience working on "the other side of the court room" provided her with special insight that has been incorporated into the representation of every client we serve. Her knowledge of corporate employment defense is a powerful tool in navigating this complex area of the law.
As one of only a handful of attorneys in the Roanoke area who vigorously represents employees in claims against employers, Leigh has handled numerous employment-related claims originating from age discrimination, race discrimination, discrimination based upon an employee's disability, unpaid wages and overtime compensation, and sexual harassment. Read about her notable cases.
- The University of Tennessee, B.A.
- The University of Tennessee School of Law, J.D.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Virginia Bar (includes all Virginia state courts)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- Roanoke Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Member Ted Dalton Inn of Court
Awards and Recognition
- Named First-Tier Best Law Firms in Virginia, Employment Law, in U.S. News & World Reports, 2020
- Leigh has been listed as a “Rising Star” in the area of employment litigation in Super Lawyers magazine in 2010, 2011, 2015-2020, and was selected to the 2021, 2022 and 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers list. Only 5% of attorneys in Virginia receive this distinction.
- In 2010, Leigh was awarded the Outstanding Service Award by the Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference.
- Leigh has served as President of the Roanoke chapter of the Virginia Women Attorneys Association and currently serves on the statewide VWAA Board.
- In 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2023 Leigh was listed in Virginia Business Magazine among the Legal Elite in Employment Law.
- Inclusion in 2020 The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Individuals and Litigation – Labor and Employment; inclusion in the 2021 publication as Civil Rights Law, Employment Law - Individuals and Litigation - Labor and Employment; and inclusion in the 2022, 2023 publication as Civil Rights Law, Employment Law - Individuals and Litigation - Labor and Employment.
- Chosen as one of the 2021 and 2022 Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” Award, Employment Law-Individuals. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and community is honored with a “Lawyer of the Year” Award.
- 2021 Honoree Virginia's VLW Go To Lawyers for Employment Law